[Madlug] Mounting ext2/3 partitions in Mac OS X

Damon Butler damon at hddesign.com
Fri Sep 17 11:37:31 CDT 2004

I have several ultra-large files on my linux drive that I'd like to
transfer to a friend's Mac, and it strikes me that the most efficient
way would be to just tote my drive over to his computer, plug it in, and
have him mount it.

I know Mac OS X doesn't have native support of ext2/3 filesystems, but I
did locate a utility "Ext2 Filesystem':
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18619&mode=feedback
and a SourceForge project "Mac OS X Ext2 Filesystem":
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/
that look useful.

Has anyone had experience with either of these, or perhaps knows of some
other solution entirely?

--Damon